Friday, May 2, 2014

DAY 1

Soph,

Yesterday was DAY 1 of summer. It felt so nice to not have to wake up early or get you up and ready to leave for Grandma's house for the day. My goal is to take one picture a day. We'll see if that happens. When it comes to journaling, writing, or blogging, my track record isn't so great if you haven't noticed.

Yesterday we went on LOTS of errands to get ready for April's bridal shower we are having at Grandma's house in a few weeks. We had to make a stop at Joann's fabric store and you could not get over this blue, sequenced crown. So, Grandma bought it. You lucky. You sure get spoiled. You wore it the WHOLE day! I found it amusing that you don't keep headbands in for long but this crown stayed on your head the entire day. You even wanted to sleep in it.

We also went to Sugarhouse Park for a walk yesterday evening which was fun. You chose to ride in the stroller instead of walk and it was nice to get out of the house in such nice weather. I'm glad that you like going outside. Summer walks and summer evenings make me happy.  

You sure are growing big. Our little conversations make me happy and as much as I hate you coming into my room at night or wanting to sleep in my bed with me during nap time, it's kind of endearing. After all, we are in the girls club.

Your current obsession is Rapunzel. I can't tell you how many times we have watched that movie. You love the songs, your two stuffed dolls, the movie, and even the short film online of them getting married. You call Rapunzel "Punz" because saying Rapunzel is just too hard. It's sweet. Occasionally in the car I'll look back and see you having conversations with your "Punz" dolls. You love them and they come everywhere we go.

You also are in love with our fireplace in our basement apartment. You ask every day to turn it on and I'm not quite sure you get that fireplaces are usually a winter thing. That's okay. I think it's cute.

We're also attempting to potty train again. Yesterday was wonderful. Today we've already had several accidents. We'll get there. We will.

You love your baby Sam and talk to him in my tummy. You're going to make the best big sister and the sweetest mom one day.

I sure love you Soph! I couldn't have asked for a better girl. I've thought that from the day I had you and I haven't thought otherwise a single day. I'm off to get dressed for the day so we can go play. Talk to you soon.

Xoxo,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment