Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Sweet Soph,

You're growing so big and it's happening far too fast. You're 1! It seems like you should still be a few months old. Where did this past year go? I always thought people who said that were dumb and exaggerating. I was wrong - so wrong. This past year has gone faster than I've wanted or have been able to capture. Just like that it slipped away. I still can't believe it.

We went out for a one-year-old birthday shoot with grandma yesterday and this is what we came up with:




I thought going into this shoot that you'd only eat about 1/4 of the cake. I was wrong - very wrong. You ended up eating the entire cake all to yourself. You are your father's daughter. You love to eat. You never get full. I love that about you.

The past week or two I've watched you explode with curiosity, wonder, and adventure. I can't tell you how fun it has been to watch you explore, find interest, and try to figure things out. You're so smart and getting so big. Please never lose that sense of wonder. I love that about you.

Slow down with the growing, please. It's happening too fast. I sure love you, Soph. I always have and I always will. You never ever forget that. Ever.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment