Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Sweet Sophie,

I just couldn't get enough of you today. Putting you to bed for the evening was the hardest thing. I wish I had hours more to squeeze you, kiss you, and adore your smile. How did I get so lucky to have such a perfect baby? I ask myself that every day.

I'm lying in bed right now wishing I could just freeze you in time - your smile with all eight teeth showing, the way you blink both your eyes when I blink at you, your love for your blanket, your petite body, the way you cuddle in when you get tired, the small gap in between your two front teeth, you laugh, your ticklish belly- every single part of you. I wish you could stay like this forever. It makes me sad knowing that you can't and even more sad to know that one day you are going to grow up and move on. You'll always my Sophie no matter where life takes you. Always.

I sure love you, Sophia Madeline Bellamy! I always have and I always will. You will always be the girl I thought I'd never get - my best friend in the entire world. Don't you ever forget how much I love you. XO

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment